The Cosmetology Program
Our Program Levels
A 195-hour orientation, known as Phase 1, instills the basic fundamentals. Students are graded and evaluated using written, oral, and practical testing methods. Students must successfully complete the Phase 1 curriculum prior to advancing to the next phase and participation in the student clinic.
Technical Areas Covered Include:
- Braiding, up-styling and finishing
- Perming and smoothing hair
- Hair coloring and lightening
- Precision haircutting skills
- Manicure, pedicure, makeup and facials
- And much more
Your experience in Phase 2 produces a smooth transition from Phase 1 to Phase 3. You spend 130 hours in Phase 2 preparing you for the clinic classroom experience.
Areas Covered Include:
- Practice on real people in a salon-like environment
- Perfect your skills with help from Learning Leaders
Your time from 325 hours to 900 hours will be spent in Phase 3. You will build on the skills learned in Phases 1 & 2, learning time management, retailing and guest relation skills as well as the art of successful communication.
Areas Covered Include:
- Work independently (under the supervision of a Learning Leader)
- Prepare a career portfolio
- Prepare to pass the State Board test
- Develop speed and prepare to start your career
From 900 to 1500 hours, you will be in the Final Phase of your program. While exploring advanced hairdressing services there is opportunity to build chemical skills and gain knowledge of new advancements in the salon world. During this segment you will participate in the Final Phase program.
This program focuses on post-graduate needs, such as passing your State Exam, salon business, seeking employment, resumes and cover letters, and career options.
One of the most exciting days for our students is the day they get to unwrap their very own professional kit. It’s packed with all the essentials—hot styling tools, mannequin heads, combs and brushes, scissors and clips, and much more—so you’re ready to succeed in school and launch your dream career.
When you have the latest technology and resources at your fingertips, you’ll be more successful in school and in your career. That’s why every student at Michael’s School of Hair Design and Esthetics receives an iPad with their student kit
Cosmetology Program: 1500 Hours
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
School Supplies, Kit, and Tuition Costs
- Tuition: $16,995.00
- Books/Kit/Supplies: $3,304.00
- Uniform: $30.00
- State Registration Fee: $25.00
- Student Badge Fee: $6.00
- Application Fee (nonrefundable): $100.00
- Registration Fee: $50.00
- Post Grad Fees: $223.00
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
School Required Hours
Commitment to Complete Program: 1500 hours
WHEN CAN I GET STARTED?
Ready to get started? Here are our upcoming start dates for this program:
FEBRUARY 14 – DISCOUNT FOR EARLY ENROLLMENT
STUDENT EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS
- 1 iPad Air 1 (32 GB) w/2 Years Apple Care
- Milady Pro Online Haircutting Simulation
- 1 Milady’s Standard Cosmetology Textbook, ISBN-13: 9781285769417
- 1 Milady’s Student Reference for Anatomy & Physiology Flip Chart, ISBN 1-4018-9747-9
FUNDING YOUR FUTURE
There are a wide variety of financial aid options out there—and we’re here to help you find them.
Get information about tuition, financial aid, scholarships, and more from our helpful Financial Aid Administrator.